“Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is,
falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what
seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what gets you
out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evenings, how you will
spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and
what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will
decide everything.” Pedro Arrupe, S.J.
Syllabus: Fall, 2010
Writing Guidelines: Dr. Leininger
Student Tutoring and Writing Center
Regis College Writing Center
Tutor Schedule fall, 2010
Lectures and PowerPoints
- Justice: Letter from a Birmingham Jail
- Justice: Jesus' Third Way
- What is Christian Ethics? (PowerPoint); OR (PDF)
- Character and Choices
- Stories and
- Scripture and Ethics
- Moral Norms (PDF) OR (PowerPoint)
- Jesus and Ethics (PDF) OR
(PowerPoint) OR (Lecture Outline)
- Spohn on Christian Identity
Supplementary Lectures and PowerPoint's
and Conversion (PDF) OR (PowerPoint)
Lecture: What is Fundamental Moral Theology?
- A Theology of Integrity (PDF) OR (PowerPoint)
- Christian Discernment
- Ignatian Discernment by Kathy Schaefer (PowerPoint)
Readings and Reading Questions
- Martin Luther King, Jr., "Letter from a Birmingham Jail
- Readings Questions for King's "Letter from a Birmingham Jail"
- Reading Questions for Wink's "Jesus' Third Way"
- Lorraine Murray. "Loving the Lady in the Mirror," America
- Luke Dysinger, O.S.B. "Accepting the Embrace of God: The Ancient Process of Lectio Divina."
- The Order of Saint Benedict. Links to reading material suitable for Lectio Divina
- The Dilemma of Gibson Boats
- PBS Religion & Ethics Newsweekly (news stories about religion and ethics
- Embryonic Stem Cell Research in the Perspective of Orthodox Christianity
- Catholicism and the Modern World Speaker Series 2010-2011
Back to Home Page